From day one health, safety and the environmental protection for our employees has been of the highest priority. Safety for our employees, customers and visitors to the plant will always remain our primary focus.
We believe health, safety and the environment is the responsibility of every employee and it is the responsibility of all management to:
- Maintain high standards in employee selection.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
- Provide initial and continuous health, safety and environment training.
- Eliminate unsafe acts and conditions.
- Comply with Company health, safety and environment policies and procedures.
- Comply with UAE health, safety and environment legislation.
Saif Bin Darwish Crushers is dedicated to the protection of the environment not only in the quarry but also in the surrounding communities.
In addition to the above the following control measures are taken at the crushing plant and quarry to suppress dust.
- Water misters are installed at the feed and discharge points of the crushing plant to suppress dust.
- Similarly, all road surfaces within the site are water sprayed at regular intervals to maintain the road surfaces in a damp state.
- Automatic telescopic chutes are installed at the discharge ends of the conveyors to control the free fall of material and thus to prevent dust from escaping.
- Silos have been installed at the discharging ends of the sand production units to prevent dust emission.
- Primary stage crushers are encapsulated to prevent noise and dust emission in addition to the dust suppression de-dusting system installed.
- All screening plants and conveyor belts have been provided with efficient dust filtration systems.
As a further demonstration of our environmental considerations and awareness a segregated area has been set-up for the control of contaminated waste. Any area considered contaminated (from oil leakage etc) will be removed and deposited in the isolated “contaminated” area for future treatment.
All our quarry activities are undertaken with a view to protecting the local immediate environment and reflect upon the Saif Bin Darwish Crushers good name and reputation.
The company is proud to state that our Health, Safety and Environment Management System was successfully registered against the two International Standards ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015